The Seignalet “ancestral”, “hypotoxic”, “original” diet.
What you can and can’t eat on Dr. Jean Seignalet’s (pronounce it “Shon Saynyalay”) diet which put 91 different chronic diseases into remission.
- No grains of any kind except for rice, quinoa and buckwheat. No bread, no cakes, no biscuits, no crispbreads.
- No animal milks, cheeses or yoghurts. No cows milk, no goat’s milk, no sheep’s milk. No milk or dairy of any kind.
- Nothing cooked above 110 degrees centigrade (230 degrees Fahrenheit.) Do not use microwave ovens.
- Meat, (organic if possible and fish (wild caught if possible) are best eaten raw, as tartare, carpaccio, sashimi etc. Some people find the idea of eating raw fish and meat repugnant. In these cases Seignalet allows light cooking such as steaming, or meat can be cooked very rare (“blue”). Eggs should be lightly poached or in a runny omelette or very soft boiled (5 minutes). Seignalet says that if you eat the eggs raw, they are more appetising if you throw away the egg white and just eat the raw yolk and in fact raw egg white cannot be digested properly. (Chris’s note: not mentioned by Seignalet: freeze fish or meat for at least 10 days in a home freezer to kill any potential parasites if you are eating raw or blue. It is extremely unlikely that you will find parasites in eggs.) Animal protein should be eaten once a day.
- Raw charcuterie of good quality is allowed such as: saucisson, chorizo, parma ham, salami etc. Cooked ham, pate, black pudding etc. are not allowed. (Chris recommends to also put charcuterie in the freezer as curing is not guaranteed to kill parasites)
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, preferably organic
- Limit the consumption of salt Use sea salt. See Chris’s blog post on how to avoid iodine deficiency. (Not mentioned by Seignalet)
- Small amounts of black chocolate are allowed.
- Moderate consumption of tea and coffee is allowed.
- Moderate consumption of alcoholic drinks made from distillation of grains such as whisky is allowed because they do not contain any of the grain proteins. Beer on the other hand is forbidden. Moderate consumption of wine is allowed.
- Nuts and seeds must be eaten raw, never roasted.
- All kinds of crustaceans and shellfish can be eaten and their consumption is encouraged. (See Chris’s note above on freezing)
- Only raw, virgin oils are to be used. “Virgin” means oil from the first, cold pressing. No refined oils, no cooking of oils, no margarine. (Chris’s note: virgin coco nut oil is very little damaged by heating, you can use it to cook “etouffee” with low/moderate heat) . Eat plenty of olive oil, and oils of seeds and nuts. Supplement with evening primrose and/or borage oils for their linoleic acid. (Chris’s note: Don’t buy capsules, buy a bottle of a brand which states that it is cold pressed, keep in the fridge and uses a vacuum wine saver stopper to keep it fresh. Take no more than a teaspoon full daily). Other oils like fish oil and cod liver oil are beneficial as long as they are pure and unrefined. Seignalet endorses German Professor Budwig’s belief in the magical properties of flax seed oil.
- Avoid polluted food as much as possible. This means try to always eat organic.
- Eat fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut or take probiotic supplements.
- Take a multi vitamin/mineral supplement. (Chris’s note: not mentioned by Seignalet but check that the supplement does not contain lipoic acid. This is a chelator of mercury and other heavy metals. If you have or had mercury amalgam fillings it will move some out of your brain and body but will also stir it up and deposit it in new places which is very dangerous. It may also take it out of your fillings and deposit it in your brain! Never supplement with lipoic acid AKA ALA or just LA unless it’s part of the Andy Cutler amalgam detox protocol. Also, avoid folic acid supplements but eat plenty of green leafy vegetables for natural folate. See my “Truth about tanning and tanning beds” videos.)
- Drink plenty of pure mineral water or filtered water
The modern diet (says Seignalet) is too rich in calcium and sodium and too poor in potassium and magnesium. Eating less salt and excluding dairy will help bring sodium and calcium back to the proper levels. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables will increase potassium intake. Seignalet says to supplement with magnesium choride. (Chris’s note: Some people experience loose bowel with magnesium supplements. If you do, try transdermal magnesium “oil” – look it up. With transdermal, there are no problems of bowel upsets and it is impossible to take too much because once the optimum level has been achieved, no more magnesium will cross the skin barrier.
Click on your disease
To see a list of disease treated by Dr. Seignalet and click on your own to see his results for that particular disease, click here.
This book written by Dr. Seignalet’s daughters one of whom is a physician, and translated by myself, will tell you how to follow the Seignalet diet.
|UK & Europe|
|US and rest of the world|
Please note: If you do not have a kindle and cannot afford the paperback, you can download a free app from Amazon to read the kindle version on your mac or pc.
Diseases successfully treated by Dr. Seignalet with the diet :
Acute anterior uvetitis
Arteritis of the lower limbs
Basedow’s(aka Grave s) disease
Chronic atrophic polychondritis
Coeliac disease (resistant to gluten free diet type)
Diabetes mellitus type 2
Endogenous nervous depression
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Gougerot Sj gren
Graves Disease (aka Basdow s)
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Idiopathic purpura thrombocytopenia
Inflammation of fascia (Shulman’s Syndrome)
Langerhans cell histiocytosis
Leukemia & cancers
Lithiasis (Inflammation caused by kidney stones)
Myelosuppression (Bone marrow disease)
Myocardial infarction (Heart attack prevented)
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Recurring ENT infections
Systemic lupus erythematosus